¡Ombligo!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 

Sottile: The review

I had never tried any of the Yosh fragrances until beautiful Jonna included samples of them as part of my Valentine's day box. The one I was most interested in trying was Sottile 1.61. Ever since I was fourteen (*gulp* half my life so far) one of the staples in my collection has been Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

Luckyscent describes Sottile as: Newly opened tea roses and freshly picked lily of the valley in a delicate porcelain vase. Simple and lovely. Sottile means subtle in Italian, and it is the perfect name for this soft and gently nostalgic fragrance. It captures a fleeting moment of quiet beauty – the dew on petals before it melts away, the steam rising from a freshly poured cup of tea. Peaceful and sentimental – for the girl who blushes easily.

Sottile 1.61 notes: tea rose, lily of the valley

Well, with a description like that how could I not test this one! Upon first application (two swipes of the tester) you're hit with a strong dose of Tea Rose, if you think Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose is heavy - this is not for you! After a second the tea rose is taken over by lily of the valley - I used to hate lily of the valley but have grown to appreciate it. Then it seems as if the fragrance dissapears for a bit but wait a few minutes and and you get a lingering blend of the two notes blending into one scent.

This is gorgeous and a little goes a long way. This would be a beautiful spring or summer fragrance and can easily be worn from day into night and for either casual to formal occasions. I personally could only see myself wearing this on special occasions because of the outrageous price.

So is it worth the price? As beautiful as it is, I don't find it unique enough to justify the price. It retails for $130/8 ml. at Luckyscent. The sillage is incredible however and very little goes a long way with this fragrance. After running out of the sample I might consider purchasing another sample to have on hand but it's not full bottle worthy for me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007