¡Ombligo!

Friday, March 11, 2005

 

Tocade and Halloween

Halloween Posted by Hello


I woke up with a headache and didn't plan on wearing any fragrance today. I did apply Crabtree & Evelyn's Vanilla lotion. I believe they sell this as a seasonal item now but it is found at TJMaxx or Marshalls on occasion. To me, this smells like fresh cut vanilla bean. It's really not strong enough to be worn on it's own but it compliments other fragrances nicely.

As they day wore on I applied a sample of Tocade which has bergamot, geranium, iris, jasmine, and rosewood. Blended with notes of amber, musk, and vanilla.

On me, the amber comes across as the strongest note. It is a floriental but on the light side. It's not at all heavy. I didn't like ti at first but after my skin warmed to it I did like it a lot more. I think this fragrance would be best at night and I'd wear it more during the autumn or winter months.

Tocade can be found at several places online for under $25/1.7 oz.

I then applied a sample of DSH Halloween on my other arm which consists of:

Top notes: Bergamont, Blood Orange and Licorice
Middle notes: Carnation, Pumpkin, Spice Notes
Base notes: Moss

The citrus of the organce is apparent right away but it dries down to the pumpkin and spice notes. The licorice is very slight but it can be found if you really look for it. I really fell in love with this scent. This would be a perfect day to evening fragrance for autumn or anytime of the year where you'd like to regain some of the scents of autumn. It's a comforting, yet sexy fragrance and I'd recommend it for a multitude of occasions. Don't let the name behind this fragrance stop you from testing it.

Can be purchased at DSH Perfumes for 1 oz. EdP/$44.50, 1 oz. EdT/$34.00 along with several sizes of the oil and other products in this scent.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007