¡Ombligo!

Monday, June 13, 2005

 

L'Artisan Extrait de Songe

Extrait de Songe



I must admit that I tend to overlook L'Artisan fragrances and don't try them often enough. After hearing raves about Extrait de Songe I was reluctant to cave in trying it but once Meg started raving about it I knew I had to try it.

The notes in Extrait de Songe according to Beautycafe are:
Top: Mint Leaves, Rose Essence
Middle: Orange Flower Water, Lime Tree, Green Hay
Base: Botany, White Wood, White Musks

I don't get any mint in here which I was thankful for and I've read notes of orange blossom in this fragrance but I don't smell orange blossom either. There is just a hint of rose. This fragrance is incredibly subtle with soft lime. I can swear I smell a hint of milk in here. The primary note on me is hay, think POTL but light, really light and a tiny bit of wood and musk. If you don't like hay in fragrances, odds are you won't like this one.

I never took much notice to how much I love the scent of hay but I adore it! Somehow, this fragrance reminds me of freshly washed clothes left outside to dry in the summer sun. Such a beautiful fragrance which is clearly meant to be worn during warmer months, but I think it's beautiful enough to spray year round. Without a doubt one that can be carried through from dawn to dusk. Ah, to the top of the wishlist this goes!

Extrait de Songe retails for $111/3.4 oz which also includes a refillable purse spray and is sold through Aedes, Beautycafe and Luscious Cargo. At Beautycafe you get 10% off with code MUA and free shipping over $80 bringing the final price down to $99.

Comments:
I get a lot of linden in the top notes, but no trace of rose or orange blossom, thank goodness. This fragrance is borderline girly for me, but I may still get it for summer. Such a lovely clean white musk drydown and the bottle is so gorgeous!
 
This is one L'Artisan that I am longing to try. Actually, it is rare that I find a LA that I don't like, my favorites being L'Orchidee Blanche, Tea for Two, Ambre Extreme and, Anais Fizz.

Thanks for the great review
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007