¡Ombligo!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Bond No. 9 Hamptons

Hamptons

Kudos and raves to Luscious Cargo, in my last order I requested a sample of Bond No. 9's Hamptons but it wasn't in stock so they substituted another fragrance for it instead. Imagine my surprise today when they sent a sample of not only Bond No. 9's Hamptons but also So New York! Fabulous customer service time and again!

The vision that comes to my mind when I hear Hamptons is Martha Stewart and P. Diddy at his party together - at least I think it was held in the Hamptons. I don't really read up much on either one to verify this. I do know that P. Diddy did a white party where he required the women to be waxed all over their bodies - how this was verified I really don't want to know!

According to Beauty Cafe the notes in Hamptons are:

Top notes: lime blossom, bigarrade oil (from the bittersweet orange flower) lemony lime bergamot, and balancing stimulating armoise oil, with overtones of cedar and sage.

Middle: magnolia, white jasmine and Turkish rose.

Bottom: Amber, sandalwood, and cashmere musk

It starts off with a strong hint of lime and sage but with a sweetness to it, perhaps that's the bigarrade oil? I can't really detect the middle notes in here. And the bottom notes are very subtle with the woods being the strongest. Easily unisex and I believe it's sold as such but not overly masculine as some unisex fragrances can sometimes be.

What I like the most about this fragrance is the initial application, it smells very fresh and true for a few seconds but after it's on the skin it dries down to a rather boring and ordinary fragrance. The staying power of this is really bad on me which I find rather disappointing and I had to reapply quite frequently.

If the top notes stuck around more this would have easily been added to my wish list. I think it's a nice fragrance that would be best suited on someone else. Like I said, the top notes were incredibly refreshing making it a perfect summer fragrance!

Hamptons retails for $110/1.7 oz at Luscious Cargo or $178/3.4 oz. at Saks.

Comments:
Am I crazy, or does this one smell oceanic? I only sniffed it very briefly, and put it back down in a hurry. I am not a fan of watery marine scents.
 
that bottles makes me want it.

thalia
 
oops, *bottle.* it also made me addled.

thalia
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007