¡Ombligo!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Floris Seasonal Spice

Floris Seasonal Spice


It's still so warm out here but I can't get my mind out of cooler weather fragrance, I can't wait to my fragrances that are heavy in woods and spices. While shopping the other day at Marshalls I found a bottle of Floris' Seasonal Spice Room Spray for $5.99 so I bought it in the hope that it would be a nice scent to smell not only in the air but possibly on me. I expected this to smell like the cloved oranges that some people decorate their homes with in the winter.

Seasonal Spice is described on the Floris website as a warm, welcoming seasonal winter fragrance to create a festive atmosphere, banish those chilly days and dark nights - spicy orange, cloves and cinnamon blended together with a hint of brandy.

The notes in Seasonal Spice are:
Top: Citrus- Fruity, Orange, Lemon
Middle: Spicy - Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg
Bottom: Woody, Musky, Sweet, Vanilla

I did a spot application to make sure it wouldn't irritate my skin. It starts off with a lot of orange, cinnamon is the most predominant spice and I would have preferred more spices than anything else in this fragrance. There is a slight hint of vanilla in here but that's about it. This is a really nice scent as both a room fragrance or one to wear.

I'd love to layer this with a fragrance that enhances the notes in here. The staying power is fairly good given the fact that this was a spot application, i'd be more likely to apply this to my clothes than the skin because my skin did react to the cinnamon as it always does - sometimes I suffer to smell fabulous!

Seasonal Spice Room Spray retails for $25/3.4 oz. and is sold through Floris.

Comments:
S, I have their Grapefruit and Rosemary roomspray, and it is great. I normally do not even like room sprays, because I never remember to use them. I much prefer candles. However, Floris room scents whether in candles or sprays are always great.
 
Note to self: venture out to the TJ Maxx that takes an hour and half to get to. My god, what a frickin' deal. Wow.
 
I really love this scent! I had purchased some of The Body Shop's environmental oils last year and was incredibly underwhelmed by their line. I do love Crabtree and Evelyn's home fragrances however.
 
I truly cherish this fragrance! I had obtained a portion of The Body Shop's ecological oils a year ago and was unbelievably disappointed by their line. I do love Crabtree and Evelyn's home aromas notwithstanding.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007