¡Ombligo!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

 

VIP room



I haven't tested any fragrances in a while as I hadn't been feeling good. As I'm feeling better I couldn't decide on which fragrance to test first and settled on VIP Room as I'd been dying to try it for ages and I'm really glad I did.

The notes in VIP Room are: Tiare flower, bergamot, tangerine, pineapple, sandalwood, vetiver, birch, iris root, leather, styrax, amber, vanilla, musk.

I like those top notes in other fragrances but when I first sprayed it, they seemed to be a lot sweeter than I was expecting which totally threw me for a loop. Thankfully those notes seem to disappear almost instantly once the strong leather starts to come out.

As the leather dries down, the woods come out with the iris and once dried down, the amber and vanilla seem to pop out. Once dried down, the sweetness of the not notes is detectable again but they smell really nice meshed with the rest of the notes.

I'm feeling a bit mixed about VIP Room as it's the middle notes (and their strength at that stage) that I love the most about this fragrance. As it stands now, this could totally be full bottle worthy and one I'd love to have in my collection!

This is really perfect as an all day fall into winter fragrance. The only major drawback it the lasting power, it fades far too fast on me.

Want to read more reviews about VIP Room? Check out reviews on Bois de Jasmine, Now Smell This and Winter Wheat.

Aside from buying it direct from the source, you can find it at Aedes & Lucky Scent for $120/3.4oz

Comments:
As I said last night. The top notes are too sweet for me as well. I sprayed this on as I was leaving Aedes and as I walked down the street I was increasingly annoyed by the pineapple. However, just like you I found middle notes quite lovely and almost slightly creamy. The woody leather drydown is pleasant enough. For me it's not quite FBW.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007