¡Ombligo!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

WW: Down with Synthroid


This past week was bad, really bad. My body starts malfunctioning on me on the worst week of the month (if you know what I mean) so needless to say I didn't have any expectations and didn't see any results. Same weight as last week which I normally would find frustrating but now I feel rather neutral about.

The one thing that had me concerned was my blood pressure, last week I noticed it was a bit higher than normal. I have really normal blood pressure so I can tell when something isn't quite right.

Before I was diagnosed with Graves disease my blood pressure was out of control as my heart was beating out of my chest. I was tired all the time, etc... That was the reason that I was hospitalized originally, then they ran a series of test and diagnosed me with Graves and had to have the radiation iodine treatment them. Before I was put on Synthroid, I was put on heart medication to calm my heart. I was on that medication for at least six months and I was restricted to not exercise.

As had a doctors appointment last week I wasn't too concerned as I was going in for a checkup but if I weren't I'd definitely seek medical help. I wasn't feeling good at all and didn't exercise for five days straight which is probably the longest I've not exercised since joining weight watchers.

As I suspected, my medicine was lowered and I'm now down to a lower dose of Synthroid (from 150 to 125). I've been on the new medicine for two days now so it'll be some time before everything gets back to normal. I felt a bit better yesterday and was able to exercise. Hope to follow the routine this week and wait until the new dosage takes effect.

Comments:
Have you ever been to an herbalist? Asian medicine is amazing! It's been around a lot longer than Western medicine and they really know what they are doing. My BF's parents are acupuncturist and herbalist from Korea. When I'm sick with everything from the flu to fibroid tumors I call them and tell them what medications I'm on and my symptoms. They put together herbs for me and give me acupuncture. You should find a good doctor in your area and try supplementing your regular treatment this way.
 
{{{{{{Sand}}}}}

You are getting so many extra obstacles put in your way,but what I hear loudest is your determination and perseverance. Let's just call me....Your #1 Fan.
 
Hey my funny lady sorry to hear that is not a good week.As a person with chronic my self I can relate .Once they get those med's tuned ,I need a picture of Matthew,McSwoonahy. So ya better feel well soon....OX's Katie
 
Never been to an herbalist. I think as I get older I'm going to try acupuncture on my back as it gives me problems from time to time.

I think once the meds take effect, everything should fall into place. It's frustrating as I'm a bt of a control freak and when I can't quite control my body to conform to what I'm doing I feel quite out of control!


Sand
 
Actually,my condition is quite common,I don’t have typical symptoms of hypothyroid such as hair losing and sweating but I really appreciate bovine thyroid capsules for its big help.
 
Actually,my condition is quite common,I don’t have typical symptoms of hypothyroid such as hair losing and sweating but I really appreciate bovine thyroid capsules for its big help.
 
Actually,my condition is quite common,I don’t have typical symptoms of hypothyroid such as hair losing and sweating but I really appreciate bovine thyroid capsules for its big help.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007