¡Ombligo!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Lush Dream Cream



Because my eczema flares up in the winter I'm always on the hunt for effective creams and lotions. Since I was placing an order through Lush, I added in a container of Dream Cream with the buy one get one free coupon.

Dream Cream is described on the site as:
Those of us with skin that gives us severe problems sometimes (or all of the time) could spend our lives dreaming of a beautiful, clear, trouble free epidermis. We try many beauty creams and pharmaceuticals, you name it, we've used it, but still our bothersome skin won't behave. Give Dream Cream a try; we get loads of letters about how well it works (see below). Why? Because it is made with every calming plant we can get our hands on: oats have been used on the skin as far back as Celtic times, softening rose water, calming lavender and chamomile, olive oil to moisturize and loads more (see above). The scent sometimes takes a bit of getting used to as it's not your average floral thing, more of a herbal approach. Get some. There's no point in having a dream unless you're going to have a decent crack at making it come true. Hey, this also works well after shaving!

The packaging isn't the best and one of the containers arrived leaking. It's an incredibly thick cream that starts off with a strong lavender scent with a hint of rose which tapers down after it's applied. I think I may use this more as bedtime hand cream instead of a body lotion as I don't like my lotion to overwhelm my fragrance choice. Once the lotion absorbs into the skin, the fragrance isn't so heavy but I apply fragrance right after I apply my lotion.

Also, it does leave your hands a bit greasy for a while so I'd suggest using this with cotton gloves if you do have to touch things immediately after application.

Would I purchase this again? Yes! It leaves my skin silky smooth and doesn't seem to irritate my eczema.

The people at Lush are so strange! The day after I ordered Hard, Lush increased the prices on their website so the price of Hard went up by $1.50. Dream Cream however went down in price by .05!

Dream Cream retails for $18.90/8.4 oz. through Lush.

From now until March 31, 2006 if you buy any of these items: Honey I washed the kids, Avobath, Big Shampoo, Dream Cream or Ocean Salt you'll get a second one for free (same item). Only one free item per purchase with code:FREETOP5

Comments:
thanks for this, S. I need to try LUSH ... and my eczema needs some help, too! xoxo
 
Oh M, this cream is awesome and didn't irritate my skin at all which is a huge problem with winter and eczema! I love to apply it at night and wake up with silky smooth skin!
 
Appreciate you bloggiing this
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007