¡Ombligo!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

Serendipity 3's Serendipitous

.


Having never been to New York City, I've not yet had the pleasure to go to Serendipity 3 but I have had their famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate, I bought the mixes last year from La Creme Beauty which they sadly no longer have in stock, they do however have the Vosages Hot Cocoa Mixes which are beyond divine!

I had tried Serendipitous before but wasn't too impressed as they staying power was fairly lousy on me. As I've been flocking to comfort gourmand fragrances, I decided to give Serendipitous a second chance and decided to order myself a bottle this past Sunday (right after watching *surprise, surprise* Serendpity).

Serendipitous is described as: Serendipitous is the sophisticated new unisex chocolate scent with exotic hints of Tahitian vanilla and blood orange. From the restaurant that brought the world Frrrozen Hot Chocolate!

I can only detect the blood orange when I first spray it, it's more of a chocolate and vanilla fragrance on me. Not really a melted milk chocolate though. If you like Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour de Cacao, you'd like this. I find them rather similar but I get more vanilla from CSP's fragrance.

I've heard Serendipitous described as a marshmallowy chocolate which is really the best description for it. I layered it with Jaqua's Chocolate Body Butter which I felt was a mistake at first but grew to like it after having worn it for an hour.

The staying power is rather poor on me but it's a wonderful fragrance while it lasts. I think that the Jaqua body butter overpowers the fragrance once it dries down as the chocolate in there is stronger than Serendipitous. This is a cozy comfort fragrance. Perfect for days when you need a little pick-me-up. :)

I ordered my bottle from Sugar Daisy which has it for $25/1.7oz / 50 mL
Get an additional 20% off with code: xjk54p98
Plus they have free shipping with orders over $45.

You can also find it at Luckyscent for $36/50ml .

You can find the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate mix at Sugar Daisy or Fred Flare.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007