¡Ombligo!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

WW: Small Steps


I stepped on the scale yesterday morning with no expectations whatsoever. For a while there I was getting a bit obsessed with the numbers on the scale and found myself constantly weighing myself - which could easily trigger me back to bulimic tendencies so I really tried to make it a point these past few weeks to only weigh myself once and not focus on the number.

My weight loss has been rather slow and inconsistent so the expectation wasn't high. Anyhow, I was very pleased to have discovered a loss of 1.4 lbs this week!

Yay! That made me feel really good.

I was talking to one of my best friends this past week and mentioned to her the results from all those test and she said "As you've been saying, this is your year! The start of something fabulous!"

It really is!

I saw the episode of Oprah today, "Suddenly Skinny" about these women who had an addiction to food, had gastric bypass surgery to lose the weight and then traded one addiction for another.

In the past I would often think that if I were thin, life would be perfect. Failing to recognize why I was fat - same with being a self-injurer. It's all a mask to cover up the real problem.

While I may complain about this process being so slow, In so many ways I'm also grateful that this process is slow. It allows me time to really focus on my negative behaviors.

I often worry that I'll never fully have these demons in control. Only time can tell what will happen. But I can't spend my entire life in the dark nor can I let these worries manifest.

I have to keep on keeping on!
Try and be the best "me" I can possibly be!

I haven't mentioned any updates regarding my struggles with SI. After the last time I decided not to keep track of the occurrence - just to really focus on the how and why. It's been while now - a long one - so, that's where I'm at there.

Each new day provides me with the opportunity to better my life with small steps.

Comments:
Rock on!!!


 
Check this out!!!!

Casting YOPLAIT YOGURT’S Weight Management Project

" My goal this new year is to get back into shape & eat right!" "My goal this new year is to shed a few pounds" Sound familiar? Yoplait is looking for participants who are interested in leading a healthier lifestyle to participate in an online program to help you achieve this goal and maintain it. Share your success & challenges along the way with other women via online video and your personal online journals. Check out www.sogoodgirls.com to see last year's program.
O’Connor Casting Company (for Yoplait Yogurt) is looking for ‘real’ women!

SEEKING: Women in their mid-20’s to early 60's who live in the Chicago area (urban or suburban), to participate in a 12-week wellness program that runs from January through March 2007 with some pre-program work in December 2006. You will be given fitness and nutrition tips from a recognized resource, providing you with knowledge and guidance throughout the process. You will be able to carry on with your normal daily life, but must be available for filming one weekend day per month for the duration of the 12-week program. You will also share your daily experiences and challenges via online journals/blogs (for approx. 2 hours per week). You may also be featured in other promotions over the course of the program. This program promotes a healthy lifestyle change, not a quick diet.

PROJECT TO TAKE PLACE IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA.
SORRY ACTORS OR ASPIRING ACTORS/MODELS – THIS IS A CHANCE FOR REAL WOMEN TO BE THE STARS!


YOU MUST:
• Have access to a broadband connected computer to participate in the program on weekly basis
• Be available to be filmed for approx. 4-6hrs. one weekend day per month over 3 months.
• Be willing to share your experiences as you go on this 12-week wellness program.
• Be comfortable writing to a public, online audience about the program
• Be willing to invite discussion, comments and tips from an online audience and respond to them in due in a timely manner
• Be a legal resident of the US.
• Sign and affidavit of eligibility and publicity release.


If you fit this description or know someone who does, please contact us ASAP to schedule an appointment.

INTERVIEWS: Tues. 10/31 – Tues. 11/07
Looking for ‘real’ women, mid 20’s – early 60’s, who desire to lead healthier lifestyles.


Contact: O’Connor Casting Company at 312-226-9112 or email yoplait@oconnorcasting.tv Just say “Yoplait Weight Management” Project.

Interview Dates/Loc.: Tues 10/31, Wed 11/1, Thu 11/2, Mon 11/6, Wed 11/8
O’Connor Casting
1017 W. Washington, Ste. 2a, Chicago, 60607
312-226-9112
Project Dates: January 2007 thru end of March 2007
Compensation: A supply of Yoplait yogurt products over the course of the program as well as prohealth/wellness products, total value of which shall be approximately $1,000.00.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   February 2007   March 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007